Spring Up Foundation Scholarship
We understand that despite economic hardship, Palestinians attribute great importance to education, not only as a means to increase and improve employability and living standards, but also as a way to support and strengthen Palestinian identity and culture, and as a means of continuing the work for Palestinian independence.
Spring Up Foundation wishes to offer further or higher education scholarships to people from Palestine who need that extra financial help.
Please fill out all parts of the form below if you meet the following criteria.
Application Form Checklist
To complete your application process you will need to:
- Complete all parts of the following application form.
- Be able to prove your connection to Deir Istya in Palestine.
- Provide a copy of letter of conditional offer by further or higher education institution.
- Plus a written reference from a teacher or tutor, with their contact details.
Information supporting parts 2, 3 and 4 will be requested after we review your application form (part 1).
image source: 1
To apply for a scholarship we ask you to complete an online application form. The selection process will take in to account:
- Place of residence: the scholarships are open to people who have a connection with Deir Istyia, either having been born there, living there now, or having family from there.
- University place: we expect scholarship candidates to already have secured a place at university in Palestine.
- Income: candidates who come from homes with lower incomes will be prioritised.
- Family educational background: priority will be given to candidates who are the first in their family to be attending university.
- Gender balance: it is important to us that people of all genders are equally represented on the scholarship programme. We will also look at gender balance in terms of the applicant’s siblings and, where possible, prioritise those people who would be the first of their gender in their family to attend university.
- Disability: Spring Up Foundation welcomes applications from people living with disability.
- Funding resources: Typically, Spring Up Foundation will provide partial scholarships only. It is therefore important to us to understand how the rest of the fees will be met over the duration of the course and we will ask you to outline this as part of the application process.
Final Date for Applications
All applications must be submitted by 1 August.
Can't touch this.