A year of further or higher education ranges from £1,000 - £7,500 depending on the institution and course of study.
We endeavour to support the students most in need.
- Those from families with low income.
- Those from families with no history of higher education participation.
- Equal support to both female and male students.
- Equal support to those with disabilities.
Image by Omar Bsharat
CRITERIA FOR APPLYING
To apply for a scholarship we ask you to complete an online application form. The selection process will take in to account:
- Place of residence: Students must have a connection to Deir Istya i.e born there, living there now, or family originates from there.
- University place: Students must have secured a place at university (or other higher or further education establishment).
- Income: Candidates from lower income families will be prioritised.
- Family educational background: Priority will be given to candidates who are the first in their family to go on to further or higher education.
- Gender balance: All genders will be treated equally, although priority will be given to the first of their gender within a family to go onto further or higher education.
- Disability: Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Funding resources: Spring Up Foundation provides partial scholarships. In the application form please outline how the rest of your fees will be paid.
- Complete all parts of the application form.
- Be able to prove your connection to Deir Istya.
- Provide a copy of the letter of conditional offer from your further or higher education institution.
- Provide a written reference from a teacher or tutor.
We will request parts 2, 3 and 4 once we have reviewed your application (part 1).